Voter Registration Information
Georgia voter registration deadlines
- Online deadline: Received by October 5, 2020
- By mail deadline: Postmarked by October 5, 2020
- In-person deadline: Received by October 5, 2020
Check your Georgia voter registration status
- If you can’t remember if you’re registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Georgia registration using the Georgia voter registration lookup tool.
- If you’re not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Georgia voter registration rules
To register in Georgia, you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you want to vote
- be 18 years old within six months after the day of registration, and be 18 years old to vote
- not be serving a sentence for having been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude
- not have been judicially determined to be mentally incompetent, unless the disability has been removed
Register to vote online in Georgia
- You will need a valid GA driver’s license or GA identification card to use Georgia’s online voter registration system. If you do not have this, you can still register to vote by mail.
- Visit the Georgia online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is received by October 5, 2020.
Register to vote by mail in Georgia
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 – ID Number: You must provide your full GA Drivers License number or GA State issued ID number. If you do not have a GA Drivers License or GA ID, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Box 7 – Choice of Party: You do not have to register with a party to take part in that party’s primary, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 – Race or Ethnic Group: This information is requested but not required.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked by October 5, 2020
Register to vote in person in Georgia
- Contact your local election office to find exactly where to go register to vote in person.
- Bring your Georgia driver’s license or state ID card with you. If you don’t have one, bring ONE photo ID that shows your name, and ONE document that shows your name and Georgia address. Acceptable documents include a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions about Georgia voter registration.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Georgia elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Office of the Secretary of State
Suite 802, Floyd West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334